Cost per recipe $5.89 view details
- Â Â Turkey Breast, (boneless) 1 and 1/2 pounds
- 1 pkt Dry gravy mix. I used Mushroom/Chicken
- 1 c. Dry White Wine
- 1 x Onion, (Cut into four slices)
- 2 sm Potatoes
- 2 sm Turnips
- Â Â Baby Carrots
- This is a recipe which I made and is quite low in fat.
- Cut off any fat, season with pepper and brown whole piece of turkey in skillet sprayed with pam.
- Also add in onion and brown. Make sure which turkey is browned on all sides and ends. Turn with spoons, so the breast is not pricked with a fork. Spray crock pot with pam and put carrots on the bottom, next add in potatoes, turnips and onions. (I like turnips and hubby likes potatoes, so I do both)
- Place turkey on top of vegetables. Mix gravy with the wine and a 1/4 to 1/2 c. of water. Pour on top of the turkey and vegetables.
- Note: While I ambrowning turkey, I turn the crock pot on high to heat, first spraying with the pam. I also heat the gravy mix before pouring on turkey and veggies.
- Cover and cook on high for a couple of hrs and then turn to low for three hrs. You could put it on longer on the low setting. Just depends what your schedule is.
- I check every so often to make sure turkey is moist. Thicken gravy if necessary.
- To Serve: Slice turkey and put gravy on top and serve with the veggies.
- This would serve 2-3, but the turkey does shrink, so one has to determine how large a serving they want to serve. I would suggest 4-5 ounces.
- ounce serving with 1 gram being saturated. This is the only fat in the dish.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 860g|
|Calories from Fat 102||15%|
|Total Fat 11.38g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 3.06g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 69.02g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.5g||32%|