Cost per serving $0.45 view details
- 1/2 x (10-ounce) container pitted dates (1 C)
- 3 c. All-purpose flour
- 1 c. Sugar
- 2 tsp Grnd cinnamon
- 2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Grnd ginger
- 1 x (8-ounce) container plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 x (8-ounce) container frzn no cholesterol egg substitute, thawed
- 3/4 c. Packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 c. Salad oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 c. Lightly packed shredded carrots (about 3 md-size carrots)
- 1/2 c. Minced walnuts (optional)
- Â Â Confectioners'sugar for garnish
- ABOUT 2 1/2 Hrs BEFORE SERVING Or possibly EARLY IN DAY:
- 1. Preheat oven to 350'F. Grease 13" by 9" glass baking dish. In small saucepan over medium heat, heat dates and 1/3 C water, uncovered, till dates are very soft and all water evaporates, stirring and mashing dates with spoon till smooth.
- 2. In large bowl, mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking pow- der, salt, and ginger.
- 3. In medium bowl, with wire whisk or possibly fork, beat yogurt, egg substitute, sugar, salad oil, and vanilla brown extract till smooth. Stir in shred- ded carrots, walnuts, and pureed dates till blended. Stir carrot mix- ture into flour mix just till flour is moistened.
- 4. Pour batter into baking dish. Bake 30 to 35 min till toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cold cake in pan on wire rack. To serve, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
- Makes 15 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 96g|
|Recipe makes 15 servings|
|Calories from Fat 48||18%|
|Total Fat 5.54g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 1.08g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 53.04g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.0g||7%|