I made these the other day by cleaning out the cupboard! They were a hit with the hubs who is a stuffed pepper connoisseur (if that's possible!).
I overflowed from the crock pot so I baked two extra large one in the oven and they came out just as good, if not better.
Tried cutting back on the fat and they still had a rich yummy taste.
- 1lb ground lean turkey
- 4 large green peppers sliced in have and cleaned
- 1 medium cooking onion chopped fine
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 jar tomato sauce of choice (I used a three cheese from Ragu)
- 1/2 bread crumb (I ALWAYS use Illio Dipalo Italian Cheese Bread Crumb)
- S&P to taste
- For a spicy twist:
- 1 bag Spanish Style Rice in the new Microwave Steam Bags!
- Preheat oven to 400 dF
- Brown turkey and sautee onions in frying pan
- Mix in cumin, cayenne pepper and S&P to taste
- In a separate bowl mix together bread crumb and rice (with out steaming!)
- Mix in cooked turkey mixture and blend all ingredients together well
- Slice peppers, clean and seed
- Stuff peppers to over flowing
- Line side by side in an oven baking dish then over with tomato sauce
- Bake 6for 45-55 minutes at 400
- (I cover them with pierced tin foil for 40min or so then uncover and bake an additional 10 min to brown).
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 182g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 58||42%|
|Total Fat 6.5g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 1.77g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.2g|
|Total Carbs 5.95g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||6%|