What a delicious and nutritious way to start the day! This scramble is quick and easy to prepare. Normally, a restaurant serving of egg scramble contains 3 regular eggs and full-fat feta, all cooked in butter. Prepared this way, your breakfast could have 438 calories and 33 grams of fat. With skinny substitutions such as egg whites and light feta cheese, scrambled with Smart Balance Light, this 4 egg white scramble contains only 137 calories, 3.5 grams of fat and 3 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. Serve with tomatoes and a slice of whole wheat toast and this complete breakfast will still be under 300 calories!
- 1 tablespoon Smart Balance Light or reduced-fat butter
- Â½ cup chopped onions
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 8 egg whites (1 cup)
- Â¼ cup (1 oz) crumbled light feta cheese
- In a nonstick pan, melt one tablespoon of Smart Balance Light or reduced-fat butter. Add chopped onions, spinach and saute until onions are golden, about 3 minutes.
- Pour egg whites into pan. Scramble until cooked.
- Divide egg mixture among 2 plates. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese on top of each. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve with sliced tomatoes and 1 slice whole wheat toast.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 78g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 70||71%|
|Total Fat 7.82g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 3.51g||14%|
|Trans Fat 0.05g|
|Total Carbs 4.73g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|