I’m pretty excited to share this dreamy casserole. When I made it for dinner recently, my family flipped for it. It’s a modern day, skinny version of a classic chicken and rice casserole normally made with creamy canned soup. To update it and make skinny, I swapped the soup for a store bought rich tasting light Alfredo sauce, healthy wild rice instead of white rice and added fat free cottage cheese to replace the regular cheese. Wild rice adds a wonderful nutty flavor and texture. The skinny for 1 serving is 303 calories, 8 grams fat and 8 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. Serve with a garden salad and you’re all set for dinner.
- 1 (10 ounce) container Buitoni refrigerated light Alfredo pasta sauce, see shopping tip
- Â½ fat-free cottage cheese
- Â¾ cup wild rice, uncooked (2Â½ cups cooked)
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and diced
- 1 cup frozen peas, rinsed and drained
- â cup chopped bottled roasted red sweet peppers
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, for topping
- Prepare wild rice according to the package instructions.
- While rice is cooking, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine Alfredo sauce and cottage cheese. Stir in cooked rice, chicken, peas, sweet peppers and season with ground pepper. Transfer to the baking dish. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake, covered, 40-45 minutes until golden and bubbly
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Shopping Tip
- Use Buitoni Light Alfredo Sauce, if possible. It comes in a 10 ounce container and can be found in most supermarkets in the refrigerator section where fresh pasta and sauces are displayed. If you canât find it, there are several brands of jarred light Alfredo sauce in the pasta aisle. They come in a larger, 15 ounce jar, so youâll have some leftover.
- For more skinny recipes, please join me at http://skinnykitchen.com
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 116g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 93||37%|
|Total Fat 10.34g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 3.0g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 21.67g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7g||9%|