Cost per serving $15.88 view details
- 3 lb porterhouse steak, 2" thick - (to 3 1/2 lbs)
- Â Â Metal or possibly wooden skewer
- 1/2 x lemon
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x garlic cloves crushed
- 2 x scallions, white parts only finely minced
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- Â Â Vegetable oil cooking spray
- Trim the outer fat from the steak (or possibly ask the butcher to do so). Rub the fat with the cut lemon to prevent burning and smoking. Score both sides of the tail of the steak and then fold it back towards the main body and attach it to the meat with a small metal skewer or possibly sturdy wooden skewer. (If using a wooden skewer, soak it in water for about 20 min first).
- Combine the extra virgin olive oil, garlic, scallions, salt and pepper in a glass or possibly ceramic dish. Put the steak in the dish and turn several times to coat. Cover and marinate at room temperature for 1 hour or possibly in the refrigerator for as long as 4 hrs. Turn the meat once or possibly twice during marinating.
- Prepare a charcoal or possibly gas grill. Lightly spray the grill rack with vegetable oil cooking spray. The coals should be moderately-warm to warm. Lift the steak from the marinade. Throw away the marinade. Grill the steak, covered, for 10 to 12 min. Turn and grill, covered, for 10 to 12 min longer for medium-rare, or possibly till it reaches the desired degree of doneness. Let the meat rest for a few min before serving.
- This recipe yields 4 to 5 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 287g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 509||70%|
|Total Fat 56.53g||71%|
|Saturated Fat 20.88g||84%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.32g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|