Cost per serving $1.53 view details
- 3 lg. Idaho potatoes, peeled & rinsed
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 4 lg. cherry tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced into 1/4-inch slices (green part only)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Carefully cut potatoes into quarters. Place the potatoes in a medium-sized pot and fill with cold water until the potatoes are just covered with water. Place potatoes over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Boil for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drain the potatoes in a colander and return to the cooking pot. Add butter; add milk in increments of 1 tablespoon until just moist. Using a potato masher or a fork, mash potatoes until there are no lumps, adding milk as needed to make them fluffy and creamy. Season with salt and pepper. Add 1/4 cup of the sharp cheddar cheese, continue to mash unti cheese has melted.
- Place mashed potatoes in a small baking dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the potatoes. Sprinkle bacon over the cheese; top with chopped tomatoes. Place in the oven for about 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted on top. Remove from oven and sprinkle with green onions.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 426g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 210||49%|
|Total Fat 23.65g||30%|
|Saturated Fat 11.82g||47%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 43.61g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.7g||22%|