Mashed potatoes mixed with butter, sour cream, scallions, and bacon, are formed into balls, stuffed with a chunk of cheddar cheese, breaded with panko breadcrumb and fried.
- 4 large russet potatoes, cut up and boiled until tender
- 3 strips bacon, diced and cook until slightly crispy (reserve fat)
- Â¼ cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 pound butter
- Â½ cup sour cream
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese, cut into cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Breading: 3 eggs, panko bread crumb, flour
- Mash the boiled potatoes. Add butter, sour cream, and reserved bacon fat while still warm and continue to mash until smooth. Fold in scallions, bacon, salt and pepper.
- Roll potatoes into golf ball sized balls; insert cheddar cubes into the ball and seal with potato.
- To bread the potato balls: roll in flour, dip in egg, and cover in bread crumbs.
- Fry at 325 degrees until golden brown. You want the breading to be crispy on the outside and the cheese to be melted on the inside. You may need to adjust your fryer temperature to achieve this result.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 115g|
|Recipe makes 20 servings|
|Calories from Fat 207||74%|
|Total Fat 23.55g||29%|
|Saturated Fat 14.21g||57%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 14.66g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|