Cost per serving $0.84 view details
- 4 ounce linguini (2 c. cooked)
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp garlic peeled and chopped
- 3 c. broccoli florets
- 3 c. zucchini sliced 1/2" thick
- Â Â (about 12 ounces by weight)
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- Â Â [or possibly grated Romano cheese]
- 2 Tbsp. skim lowfat milk
- 1 tsp dry basil
- Â Â freshly grnd black pepper
- 1. Cook linguini following package directions for 8 min. Drain and keep hot.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over moderate heat. Add in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add in broccoli and cook 5 min, stirring constantly, till broccoli is bright green. Add in zucchini and toss with broccoli. Cover and cook vegetables 5 min longer, till heated but hard.
- 3. Add in linguini; remove skillet from heat and keep covered.
- 4. In a small saucepan, mix Parmesan [or possibly Romano] with lowfat milk and basil. Stir over moderate heat for 2 min, till cheese melts.
- 5. Add in cheese mix to linguini and vegetables, and toss gently to mix.
- Serve with pepper.
- Yields 4 servings, each 2 c., each 208 Calories according to my old notes.
- 3.5 g fibre
- NOTES : I found which the zucchini took much longer than 5 min to become edible, that means which, I either need to slice the zucchini more thinly or possibly cook it
- I tried this out Sunday night and shared the leftovers Monday night. The sauce of lowfat milk, grated cheese, and dry basil made the dish seem higher in fat than it was, but I think I may add in more basil next time for a stronger flavour.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 168g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 52||27%|
|Total Fat 5.93g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 1.47g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.09g|
|Total Carbs 27.47g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||10%|