Cost per serving $0.31 view details
- 1/2 pint red grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 pint yellow grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 6-10 leaves fresh basil, rough chopped
- 1/4 cup pasta water
- Ricotta layer:
- 1/2 cup soft ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp dried italian herb mixture
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- two large handfuls of arugula
- reserved pasta water
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Add generous amount of sea salt. Cook pasta according to package directions. Taste along the way to ensure there is still a bite in the center â mushy pasta is just not right.
- In a saute pan, heat olive oil. Add garlic, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook on medium low heat. You want the tomatoes to heat slowly. Add water from cooking pasta, a bit at a time. I used a small ladle.
- Mix ricotta, herbs, salt and pepper. Set aside and warm gently just before serving (I used the microwave).
- When pasta is cooked, the tomatoes will be ready also. Add fresh basil and lemon juice to tomatoes and stir to combine. Drain pasta, reserving a bit of the water. Add the arugula to the hot water and let sit while you assemble.
- Place mound of pasta on center of dish. Top with heated ricotta, followed by arugula and top with tomato mixture. Make sure you get some of the beautiful sauce created from the tomatoesâ¦. drizzle this around plate. Add a whole basil leaf, more cracked pepper and fresh shaved parmesan cheese to top if you wish.
- Bocca felice! Happy mouth
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 72g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 149||85%|
|Total Fat 16.77g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 3.92g||16%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.05g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|