Cost per serving $0.40 view details
- 1 slice day-old hearty white bread (such as Pepperidge Farm), torn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 250Â°.
- Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 2/3 cup. Place breadcrumbs on a baking sheet. Bake at 250Â° for 30 minutes or until dry.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes. Return pan to heat. Stir in breadcrumbs, and cook 6 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain. Place pasta in a large bowl. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, breadcrumbs, parsley, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper; toss gently to combine. Serve immediately.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 80g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 69||23%|
|Total Fat 7.86g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 1.15g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 47.33g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||7%|