Cost per recipe $4.41 view details
- 1/3 box or 1/3 pound of linguine.
- 2 tblsps of extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil
- 2 clove of garlic-whole
- Â½ lb of fresh steamed clams
- Â½ lemon (to squeeze over finished pasta)
- Handful of fresh parsley
- Fill pasta pot with water and small handful of kosher or gross salt. Place on medium heat.
- Place olive oil in large sautÃ© pan. Place in peeled, whole clove of garlic (if you leave garlic in whole pieces the garlic will give the clams a flavor but the flavor will not be an extremely intense one-âif you donât want to have garlic on the breathâ. If you donât care about garlic odor then by all means chop it finely). Sate garlic over medium low heat until oil starts to form bubbles and garlic begins to get golden color. Place in clams and sautÃ© for about 5 minutes, stirring the clams every so often to distribute the flavors. Remove from heat. Sprinkle in the freshly chopped parsley. Stir for about one minute.
- Place pasta in boiling water according to package directions (about 10 minutes). Taste before draining to be sure pasta is done to your liking. Drain in colander. When water is drained off place in saucepan with clam sauce and toss with pasta pincer till pasta is coated. Squeeze Â½ lemon over pasta and toss. Place in individual serving dishes
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 243g|
|Calories from Fat 20||12%|
|Total Fat 2.25g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.21g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.32g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|