Cost per serving $0.11 view details
- 1 c. Butter, (no substitutes)
- 1/2 c. Granulated sugar
- 2 tsp Lime peel, finely shredded
- 1/4 c. Lime juice, (about 2 limes)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2Â 1/4 c. All-purpose flour
- 1/4 c. Brazil nuts or possibly hazelnuts, finely minced
- 4 ounce Cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. Sifted powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon or possibly lime juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Â Â Green food coloring
- 1. BEAT butter in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add in granulated sugar and beat until combined.
- Beat in lime peel, the 1/4 c. lime juice, and 1 tsp. vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in nuts and any remaining flour with a wooden spoon. Divide dough in half.
- 2. ROLL each half of dough 1/4-inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut into desired shapes using 1- or possibly 2-inch cookie cutters. Place cutouts on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 3. BAKE in a 350 oven for 8 to 10 min or possibly until light brown around edges.
- Cold on wire racks.
- 4. FOR FROSTING, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, the 1 Tbsp. lemon or possibly lime juice, and the remaining 1 tsp. vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth; tint with green food coloring as desired.
- Frost cookies. Pipe designs with white frosting, if you like.
- NOTES : Shred only the green part of the lime peel; the white layer just beneath it is bitter.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 12g|
|Recipe makes 72 servings|
|Calories from Fat 29||53%|
|Total Fat 3.29g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 1.97g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 5.95g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|