Cost per serving $3.19 view details
- Â Â vegetable oil spray
- 4 ounce frzn skinless boneless chicken breast
- 1 lrg carrot cut into 1/2-inch pcs
- 2 x celery stalk cut into 1/2-inch pcs
- 1/2 med onion minced
- 2 x 14-ounce cans fat-free chicken broth or possibly 3.5 c. stock
- 2 x bay leaves
- Â Â vegetable oil spray
- 1/2 x red bell pepper cut into 1/2-inch pcs
- 4 ounce sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice or possibly more to taste
- Â Â salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 tsp lime peel or possibly double to taste
- 1 tsp snipped fresh lemon thyme
- 2 Tbsp. Enchilada sauce mix (Lawrys)
- 1/4 c. water
- 2 x cheese and chili filled tamales see note
- 1. Place the trivet which comes with the pressure cooker in the bottom. Lightly spray the bottom surfaces of the pan. Place frzn chicken breast on top. Add in the broth to the cooker. Add in the celery, carrots, onions, and bay leaves in an even layer in the pot. Place the lid on the cooker, lock into position, and place the pressure regulator on the vent pipe if you're using a first-generation cooker.
- 2. PRESSURE: Over medium-high, bring the cooker up to pressure. Then lower the heat, adjusting if as necessary to maintain pressure (gentle even rocking) and cook for 5 min. (If using thawed chicken breast, cook for 3 min (maximum). Let pressure drop naturally for 5 min then quick release any remaining pressure (as described in the cooker's manual). Carefully remove the regulator and lid. Remove chicken to a cutting board to cold slightly. Remove the trivet/rack from the cooker; throw away the bay leaf.
- 3. Meanwhile, during the time which step 2 takes, saute/fry the vegetables in a sprayed nonstick sauce pan: soften the red bell pepper and add in the mushrooms, salt and pepper. Saute/fry till caramelized. Add in the fresh cilantro and lime juice. Stir and saute/fry for 1 minute to hot through. Set aside.
- 4. Using two forks, pull and shred the chicken into bite sized pcs. Return the chicken to the pot. Add in lime peel and thyme. Dissolve pwdr from enchilada sauce fold in water. Add in to he soup. Season soup for salt. Heat the soup for 2-3 min, uncovered.
- 5. Meanwhile, Microwave the tamales for 4 to 5 min.
- 6. To serve: place tamale in center of a wide soup bowl. Top with soup.
- NOTES : Light soup made quickly from scratch. Remember this in the summer when we want soup. This is quick! Trader Joes sells tamales under their brand name. We like the cheese and green pepper. They come wrapped in the corn husk.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 699g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 95||40%|
|Total Fat 10.82g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 6.25g||25%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 13.32g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.9g||16%|