Using up some leftovers can lead to a pretty good dish now and again. This one came about after a long weekend away. I decided to use some leftover Naan bread, red peppers and green onions. It was a very satisfying meal, served with fresh fruit and a nice red wine.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen lima beans
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 large roasted red pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons vegenaise
- 1/2 (8 ounce) jar of salsa (mild or hot)
- dash of sea salt
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 package of garlic Naan bread (or you can use pitas)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook lima beans according to package directions. When cooked,
- drain limas and return them to the saucepan. Add bell peppers,
- green onions, tomatoes, red pepper flakes, cilantro and sea salt
- and mix thoroughly. Add 1/4 cup water and reheat til heated through.
- Meanwhile, cut the Naan bread (2 per package) into quarters.
- Place it on a baking stone or cookie sheet and spray lightly
- with the cooking spray.
- Place in oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until the Naan begins to get crisp around the edges.
- While the Naan is baking and the bean mixture is heating through, using a small bowl, mix the salsa and vegenaise together with the roasted red peppers and fold until combined.
- When Naan is finished plate the quarters, two per plate. Top with
- the lima bean mixture and garnish generously with the salsa mix.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 223g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 7||2%|
|Total Fat 0.86g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.16g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 53.69g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 16.2g||54%|