This is a lovely cold (and healthy!) salad. Make the day before for best results.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Cost per serving $1.19 view details
- 1 cup lentils
- 1/2 red pepper (about 1/2 cup), finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf (Italian) parsley
- 4oz Feta, crumbled (about Â¾-1cup)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place lentils in a large pot with enough water to cover plus about an inch or two beyond that.
- Bring to a boil, and cook until lentils are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water in a colander. Let stand for a few minutes to drain well and cool off a bit.
- Finely chop all veggies, put in bowl and add Feta.
- In a separate bowl whisk olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Once lentils have cooled a bit (they don't need to be completely cold) add them to the bowl with the veggies.
- Pour in olive oil/lemon juice mixture and mix well.
- Allow to sit in fridge a few hours at least before serving.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 140g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 118||37%|
|Total Fat 13.38g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 5.26g||21%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 33.69g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 15.4g||51%|