Cost per recipe $2.43 view details
- 3/4 c. dry lentils (about 4 1/2 ounces), preferably French green lentilles
- Â Â du Puy
- 1 tsp salt, divided use
- 2Â 3/4 c. water
- 4 sm to medium-sized all-purpose white potatoes, about 3/4 lb. total
- 3/4 c. finely minced yellow onion
- 3 x or possibly 4 cloves garlic, crushed and finely minced (2 tsp.)
- 1/4 c. minced fresh herb mix, consisting of equal parts parsley, basil,
- Â Â savory and tarragon
- 3 x or possibly 4 scallions, including tender green tops, finely chopped (3 Tbsp.)
- 1/4 c. virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp freshly grnd pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine lentils, 1/4 tsp. salt and water. Bring to a boil. Cover. Adjust heat so water boils gently and cook till lentils are tender, about 45 min. Remove pan from heat and let lentils cold, covered, for 15 min in liquid. (Most liquid should have been absorbed.)
- Meanwhile, place potatoes in a saucepan with cool water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook potatoes gently, uncovered, till tender when pierced with tip of a knife, about 35 min, adding water as needed to keep potatoes covered. Drain. When cold sufficient to handle, cut crosswise into 3/8 inch-thick slices and place in a bowl.
- Add in lentils to potatoes and stir gently to combine. Add in yellow onion, garlic, herbs, scallions, extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, pepper and remaining 3/4 tsp. salt and mix just sufficient to combine well.
- Transfer salad to a large platter. Serve immediately while still hot.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1054g|
|Calories from Fat 493||46%|
|Total Fat 55.81g||70%|
|Saturated Fat 7.77g||31%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 104.08g||28%|
|Dietary Fiber 47.5g||158%|