Cost per serving $1.84 view details
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 med onion finely minced
- 2 x garlic cloves skins on
- 2 c. minced tomatoes fresh if possible
- Â Â (drain if canned)
- 4 c. water
- 3/4 c. dry lentils
- 1 c. minced leeks
- 1 x bay leaf
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Warm pepper flakes to taste
- Â Â (or possibly freshly-grnd black pepper)
- 2 c. cooked chick peas
- Â Â (or possibly 20-ounce can chick peas, liquid removed)
- 1 c. fresh peas - (1 lb)
- Â Â (or possibly 1 c. frzn peas)
- 2 Tbsp. finely-minced fresh mint
- 1 c. small pasta
- Â Â (such as tubettini, small shells, small bows, or possibly elbows)
- Heat the oil in a medium soup pot, then add in onion. When onion begins to brown, add in garlic, tomatoes, water, lentils, leeks, bay leaf, salt, and either warm pepper flakes or possibly black pepper. Bring to a boil and cover.
- Lower heat to a gentle boil and cook 45 min. Add in chick peas, fresh peas, and mint, cover, and simmer about 30 min.
- Cook pasta separately in boiling water. Drain when al dente, spoon some into the bottom of each soup plate, then add in soup.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
- Comments: Serve this hearty soup on a raw spring day when the fresh peas are in season.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 382g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 37||10%|
|Total Fat 4.24g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0.6g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 68.08g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 13.7g||46%|