Cost per serving $0.93 view details
- Â Â Unsalted butter, softened
- 1 c. Sugar
- 1/4 c. Unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tsp Lemon zest, finely grated
- 3 x Large eggs, separated
- 1/4 c. Flour, all-purpose, preferable unbleache
- 1 pch Salt
- 1Â 1/4 c. Lowfat milk
- 1/2 c. Fresh lemon juice
- Â Â Fresh berries
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter an 8-inch square baking pan or possibly a 1 1/2-qt baking dish.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the sugar, butter, and lemon zest. Beat till fluffy, about 3 min. Add in the egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the flour, salt, lowfat milk, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl. beat the egg whites till they form stiff, shiny peaks but are not dry. Stir about 1/4 of the egg whites into the batter to lighten it. Using a rubber spatula, mix in the remaining whites. Pour the mix into the prepared baking dish.
- Transfer the baking pan or possibly dish to a baking pan, place the pan in the oven, and pour in sufficient warm (not boiling) water to reach about halfway up the sides of the pudding container. Bake till the top pudding layer is set and lightly browned, about 45 min.
- Serve hot with berries or possibly offer a fresh berry sauce.
- Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- VARIATIONS:Substitute juice and zest of lime, orange, tangerine, or possibly grapefruit for the lemon, or possibly use a combination of citrus.
- For pineapple sponge pudding, reduce the sugar to 3/4 c. and the lowfat milk to 1/4 c.. Add in 1 c. pineapple juice along with the lowfat milk. Omit the lemon juice and zest.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 245g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 343||55%|
|Total Fat 38.91g||49%|
|Saturated Fat 23.44g||94%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 62.86g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|