This is a delicious summer pasta dish. It serves well as a main dish, but also is delicious alongside grilled meat or fish. Tastes great as leftovers too! Credit goes to my wonderful daughter in-law Jacki for this one.
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb fresh spinach
- Put 2-3 quarts of water into a spaghetti pot and turn to high.
- Whisk oil, Parmesan cheese, and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Saute mushrooms in 1/3 cup olive oil, about 5 minutes turning once. Remove mushrooms to a bowl, and add spinach. Saute an additional 3 minutes and remove to bowl with mushrooms.
- Cook pasta, reserve 1 cup cooking liquid. Toss pasta with lemon sauce and add the reserved water 1/4 cup at a time until moistened to desired level. Season with salt & pepper and add the mushrooms and spinach.
- Garnish with lemon zest and chopped basil.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 390g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 380||44%|
|Total Fat 43.19g||54%|
|Saturated Fat 8.27g||33%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 94.83g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.8g||23%|