Creamy smoothness experienced in every sweet, tangy bite from this cool mousse decadence. I'm in lemon heaven with this cool mousse pie.
For a dedicated post...refer to:
- . > (American / Metric measures) <
- . CRUST:
- . 1 cup (90g) crushed Graham cookies, (reserve 3 tbsp.(45ml) for garnish)
- . 3 tbsp. (45ml) unsalted butter, melted
- . 3 tbsp. (45ml) sugar (agave nectar, maple syrup or honey can also be used)
- . 1 tsp. (5ml) pure Vanilla extract
- . FILLING Lemon mousse:
- . 1 cup (250ml) whipping cream 35%
- . 3 large eggs, separated
- . 1/2 cup (110g) sugar (or 1/3 cup (80ml) agave nectar can also be used)
- . 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice (1 medium lemon)
- . Prepare a buttered 9" / 20cm pie plate and set aside.
- . CRUST: In a food processor or blender...crush the cookies (or flake cereal) to yield 1 cup/ 90g. Add the melted butter, vanilla and the sugar. Pulsate a few times and then whirl until some type of loose paste forms. Place the cookie mix onto the pie plate. Press the crust down with the bottom of a small measuring cup or the backside of a spoon. Set aside.
- . LEMON MOUSSE FILLING: In a chilled, medium sized stainless steel bowl, whip the cream with an electric mixer. When a ribbon trail starts showing, it's almost ready. Careful not to over beat. Set this whipped cream temporarily aside in the refrigerator. Clean the whisks and dry carefully. Meanwhile, separate the eggs and set aside the yolks in a tiny bowl. In another medium size bowl, whip the egg whites until frothy. Gradually add the sugar and beat until soft peaks have formed. Afterwards, the egg yolks can be added one at the time. Beat well between each yolk. . Take out the chilled whipped cream and with a spatula fold it into the yellow sweet mix until there are minimal streaks showing. Now, add the lemon juice and blend well. Pour the combined mix into the prepared crust.
- . GARNISH and SERVE: Garnish the perimeter of the pie's surface with the reserved crushed cookie. Decorate according to your creativity or as shown in photo. It is best to cover and freeze the pie for a minimum 3 hour period. Remember to take the pie out and transfer it to the refrigerator for about 20 minutes before cutting your serving pieces.
- . Claudia's flavourful wishes...FOODESSA.com
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 51g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 69||49%|
|Total Fat 7.86g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 4.32g||17%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 15.48g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|