Cost per recipe $13.40 view details
- 1 c. All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 c. Cake Flour
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 stk Unsalted Butter, Chilled cut into 4 pcs
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable Shortening (Solid), Chilled cut into pcs
- 3 Tbsp. Ice Water (or possibly more)
- 3 lrg Large eggs
- 2 lrg Egg Yolks
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1Â 1/4 c. Sugar
- 1Â 1/4 c. Shredded Sweetened Coconut (about 5 ounces)
- 1 c. Whipping Cream chilled
- 1/4 c. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter melted
- 2 tsp Grated Lemon Peel
- 2Â 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Almond Extract
- 2 tsp Powdered Sugar
- 8 x Thin Lemon Slices
- FOR CRUST: Mix flour, cake flour, 1 Tbsp. sugar and salt in processor.
- Add in chilled butter and shortening and cut in, using on/off turns, till mix resembles coarse meal. Add in 3 Tbsp. ice water and process till moist clumps form. If dough is too dry, add in more water by teaspoonfuls.
- Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate1 hour. (Can be prepared 2 days ahead. Keep refrigerated. Let dough soften slightly at room temperature before rolling out.)
- Position rack in bottom third of oven; preheat oven to 350F. Butter 9-inch-diameter glass pie dish. Roll out dough on lightly floured work surface to12-inch round. Transfer to prepared dish. Trim crust edge, leaving 1/2-inch overhang. Decoratively crimp overheang. Freeze 15 min.
- Line crust with foil. Fill with dry beans or possibly pie weights. Bake till crust is set and rim is pale golden brown, about 20 min. Remove foil and beans. Cold completely. Maintain oven temperature.
- FOR FILLING: Using electric mixer, beat Large eggs, egg yolks and salt in large bowl to blend. Add in 1 and 1/4 c. sugar and beat till mix is thick and fluffy, about 1 minute. Beat in coconut, 1/4 c. chilled whippingcream, lemon juice, melted butter, lemon peel, 1 and 1/2 tsp. vanilla and almond extract.
- Poor filling into crust. Bake till filling is golden brown and set, about 40 min. Cold on rack. Chill till well chilled, about 3 hrs.
- (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated.)
- Beat remaining 3/4 c. cream, powdered sugar and remaining 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract in large bowl till stiff peaks form. Pipe whipped cream around border of pie. Garnish with lemon slices and serve.
- Serves 8.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1302g|
|Calories from Fat 1802||48%|
|Total Fat 205.29g||257%|
|Saturated Fat 115.35g||461%|
|Trans Fat 8.56g|
|Total Carbs 442.53g||118%|
|Dietary Fiber 16.4g||55%|