Lemon, fresh oregano and the cheese of your choice brighten up russet potatoes.
Prep time: 75 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Cost per serving $0.00 view details
- 4 large russet potatoes, scrubbed and sclied crosswise into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. oregano leaves, copped
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. salt
- ground pepper
- 2/3 cup cheese (crumbled feta, grated mozarella, or parmesan)
- Preheat oven to 450 and prepare a 9 x 13-in baking dish with cooking spray or butter.
- In a large bowl, toss potato slices with lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, lemon zest, garlic and salt. Layer slices in baking dish.
- Pour 1 cup boiling water over potatoes and bake, uncovered, until most of the water has evaporated and potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Top with cheese and bake until golden, about 14 minutes more.