Cost per serving $1.34 view details
- 1 3 to 4 pound fryer chicken cut up, or chicken pieces
- 25 garlic cloves peeled (already peeled cloves available at Trader Joe's!)
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup pitted green olives, rinsed
- 1 Tbsp chopped lemon zest
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, parsley, oregano, basil, sage, etc.)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Combine the lemon zest and juice, olive oil, herbs (reserve on Tbsp of herbs), and salt and pepper in a small bowl and stir.
- Arrange chicken pieces in a roasting pan, place the garlic cloves all around the chicken, and pour lemon-herb mixture over them. Roast for about 40 minutes or until nicely browned. If chicken is tightly packed, this will probably take about 50 minutes.
- Remove chicken. Add broth to the pan and place on top of stove over med-high heat. Stir and gently scrape the bottom of the pan to loosen juices. Add the olives and stir, cooking a few more minutes. Garnish with the remaining Tbsp of herbs and take pan to table or transfer to serving platter. Serve immediately.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 373g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 577||72%|
|Total Fat 64.49g||81%|
|Saturated Fat 22.52g||90%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.82g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|