Cost per serving $0.05 view details
- 1/4 c. unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 c. sugar plus more
- 1 lrg egg Zest of 2 lemons
- 2/3 c. all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 pch salt
- 2 Tbsp. chopped candied lemon peel see * Note
- * Note: To make your own candied lemon peel, simmer blanched lemon peel in a simple syrup (equal parts water and sugar) for about 15 to 20 min. Remove from heat and let sit in the syrup overnight. Dry the peel on a cooling rack and then toss in sugar to coat. Store the candied lemon peel in an airtight container.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with Silpat nonstick baking mats and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, using the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar till light and fluffy, about 3 to 5 min, scraping down the sides of the bowl twice. Add in egg; mix on high speed to combine. Add in zest; mix to combine.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and finely minced candied lemon peel; add in to butter mix and mix on medium-low to combine, about 20 seconds. Remove the dough to a sheet of plastic wrap. Refrigeratetill hard, about 15 to 20 min.
- Healthy pinch off dough and shape into 1-inch balls. Drop the ball in the sugar; using the sugar to keep the dough from sticking to your hands, roll the ball of dough around to coat completely in sugar. Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Press to flatten slightly, the cookies should be about 1/4-inch thick. (Keep the remaining dough in the refrigerator while not in use.) Bake till just golden brown, about 10 min. Remove to a wire rack to cold.
- This recipe yields about 2 dozen cookies.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 12g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 34||57%|
|Total Fat 3.91g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 2.44g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 5.46g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|