Cost per serving $0.38 view details
- 2 3/4 c. Lowfat milk
- 16 ounce Egg substitute
- 1/2 c. Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Freshly grated lemon peel
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 c. Sugar
- 1/2 c. Water
- 1 tsp Freshly grated lemon peel
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon juice Raspberries and lemon slices, garnish
- Heat oven to 325 . Half-fill a 13x9-inch with water and place in oven.
- Lightly grease an 8 1/2x4 1/2x2 1/2-inch loaf pan.
- Lemon Custard: Whisk lowfat milk, egg substitute, sugar and lemon peel in a large bowl till well blended. Pour into prepared loaf pan. Carefully set in middle of baking pan (with water) in oven. Bake 1 hour 15 min to 1 hour 20 min till a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Remove loaf pan to a wire rack; let cold completely, cover and chill at least 4 hrs.
- Lemon Syrup: Bring sugar and water to a rolling boil in a small saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat and stir in lemon peel and juice. Cover and chill.
- To serve: Run a thin sharp knife around edge of custard. Invert sreving plate over pan. Invert plate and pan together, shaking both gently from side to side to release custard. Spoon some syrup over custard; serve the rest on the side. Garnish with raspberries and a lemon slice.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 129g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 16||10%|
|Total Fat 1.8g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.6g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 28.18g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|