I had a dream of eating lemon cookies during my afternoon nap yesterday. This may sound crazy but once I woke up, I quickly browsed for lemon cookies recipes using my mobile phone although my eyes were just half-open. Minutes later, when I was fully awake, I really made the lemon cookies.
- For the cookies:
- 110gr Unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 120gr Icing sugar
- 1 Egg, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp Fresh lemon Juice (from half lemon)
- 1.5 tbsp Lemon zest (from the whole lemon)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 220-250gr Flour
- For the icing:
- 80gr Icing sugar
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 drops Vanilla Essence
- To make the cookies: Cream together butter and icing sugar by using high-speed electric mixer.
- Add vanilla, egg, fresh lemon juice and lemon zest into the mixture. Continue beating by using mixer until everything is well combined.
- Slowly sift in flour into the mixture by using rubber spatula. Stop adding flour once the dough doesn't stick to your bowl any more
- Turn the doughs into mini balls and place them in a baking pan already lined with parchment paper. Gently press each ball with a fork to flatten the cookie.
- Bake the cookies in a preheated oven (160 degree Celsius) for about 20-25 minutes until the cookies' edges turn golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool completely before decorating them with the icing.
- To make the icing: Beat together icing sugar, vanilla essence and lemon juice by using electric mixer. Just use enough lemon juice to make a thick paste or stop adding lemon juice when you start seeing patterns when beating the icing. Put the icing in a piping bag and drizzle it over the cookies. Wait until the icing totally hardens before storing the decorated cookies in a tight plastic container.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 151g|
|Calories from Fat 96||39%|
|Total Fat 10.84g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 5.14g||21%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 29.92g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||6%|