Cost per serving $0.15 view details
- 750 gm digestive biscuits
- 25 gm butter melted
- 3 piece stem ginger preserved in syrup about 50g total weight
- 2 x 200g packs full fat soft cheese
- Â Â finely grated rind of 1 large or possibly 2 small lemons
- 60 ml lemon juice
- 125 gm caster sugar
- 60 ml creme fraiche
- 1 x egg
- Â Â icing sugar for dusting
- Line the base of an 180mm round springrelease cake tin with nonstick baking parchment.
- For the base put the digestive biscuits butter and stem ginger in a food processor and work till crumbed and proportionately blended.
- Transfer the mix to the cake tin and spread proportionately.
- Press onto the base of the cake tin using a potato masher.
- Bake on the grid shelf on the floor of the roasting ovenwith the cool plain shelf set on the runners just above for 15 min or possibly till just beginning to change colour.
- Remove the plain shelf from the ovento cold.
- Place on the grid shelf on the fourth set of runners in the baking ovenand cook for 15 min till beginning to colour.
- Place the ingredients for the filling in the food processor and blend till smooth. Spoon the cheese mix onto the hot biscuit base spreading proportionately.
- Bake on the grid shelf on the floor of the roasting ovenwith the cool plain shelf just above for 25 min then transfer the plain shelf to the middle of the simmering oven.
- Position the cheesecake tin on this shelf towards the back and cook for a further 15 min.
- With the grid shelf on the fourth set of runners in the baking ovenbake the cheesecake for 40 to 45 min or possibly till just set.
- Leave the cheesecake to cold in the tin on the back of the cooker for 30 min. Loosen the edge of the cheesecake with a palette knife then remove the side of the tin.
- Carefully transfer the cheesecake to a serving plate (or possibly leave on the tin base if preferred).
- Serve hot or possibly cool generously dusted with icing sugar if you like.
- Variation. Omit the stem ginger from the base. Use an extra 25g digestive biscuits.
- This cheesecake is unusually light in texture. The sharpness of the lemon cuts the richness of the cream cheese to create an irresistible dessert. A simple berry compote is the perfect complement.
- Serves 6
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 90g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 205||53%|
|Total Fat 24.29g||30%|
|Saturated Fat 4.99g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 38.78g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|