Cost per serving $0.41 view details
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 c. granulated sugar, divided
- 4 extra-large Large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/3 c. grated lemon zest (6 to 8 large lemons)
- 3 c. flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking pwdr
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice, divided
- 3/4 c. buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour 2 (8 1/2 by 4 1/4 by 2 1/2-inch) loaf pans. You may also line the bottom with parchment paper, if you like.
- Cream the butter and 2 c. granulated sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, till light and fluffy, about 5 min. With the mixer on medium speed, add in the Large eggs, 1 at a time, and the lemon zest.
- Sift together the flour, baking pwdr, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. In another bowl, combine 1/4 c. lemon juice, the buttermilk, and vanilla. Add in the flour and buttermilk mixtures alternately to the batter, beginning and ending with the flour. Divide the batter proportionately between the pans, smooth the tops, and bake for 45 min to 1 hour, till a cake tester comes out clean.
- Combine 1/2 c. granulated sugar with 1/2 c. lemon juice in a small saucepan and cook over low heat till the sugar dissolves.
- When the cakes are done, allow to cold for 10 min. Remove the cakes from the pans and set them on a rack set over a tray or possibly sheet pan; spoon the lemon syrup over them. Allow the cakes to cold completely.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 126g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 139||33%|
|Total Fat 15.78g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 9.84g||39%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 68.04g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||4%|