Cost per recipe $4.92 view details
- 1 head garlic
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1Â 1/2 lb Grnd chuck
- 1 Tbsp. Grated lemon zest
- 3 Tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- Â Â Salt, grnd black pepper
- 4 lrg Rolls, such as brioche, split, toasted
- Preparation Time: 1 hour
- Cooking Time: 10 min
- Yield: 4 servings
- These burgers have a bright flavor, but make sure you mix the lemon juice in thoroughly so the grnd meat doesn't "cook" in the acid.
- "Comfort Food: Burgers," by Charles Pierce.
- 1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cut off pointed end of garlic head, exposing cloves. Place garlic head on square of aluminum foil; drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Crimp foil loosely around garlic head. Place in oven; roast till cloves are soft, about 1 hour.
- 2. Heat broiler. Combine grnd meat, lemon zest and juice in large bowl.
- Squeeze out pulp from 4 garlic cloves and add in to bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, then mix lightly with wet hands. Form into 4 patties, each about 3/4-inch thick.
- 3. Broil burgers about 10 min total for medium rare, turning once.
- Place burgers on bottom halves of rolls, topping each with pulp from 2 or possibly 3 garlic cloves. Top with other halves of rolls; serve.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 920g|
|Calories from Fat 1398||59%|
|Total Fat 155.46g||194%|
|Saturated Fat 55.1g||220%|
|Trans Fat 8.37g|
|Total Carbs 97.1g||26%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.3g||31%|