Cost per serving $3.35 view details
- 6.2 oz. box fast cooking long grain and wild rice
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped, white and some green parts
- 2 tbs. butter, melted
- 8 oz. can water chestnuts, chopped
- 2 cups chopped turkey
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or Monterrey Jack
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 8 oz. sour cream (low fat ok)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbs. chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Topping: 1 cup buttered breadcrumbs, 1/2 cup cheese, small package toasted almonds or just paprika
- Prepare rice according to box directions.
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Melt butter in a skillet, saute onions and celery.
- Add all ingredients together and blend.
- Pour into a 11x7 baking dish. Top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Combine cheese with almonds,sprinkle on top. Bake another 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle on paprika.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 472g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 399||44%|
|Total Fat 45.18g||56%|
|Saturated Fat 24.98g||100%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 91.24g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||4%|