Le Carre D'agneau Roti A La Fleur De Thym Recipe
- See recipes for Lamb Stock and Veal Stock.
- Preheat the oven to 450 F. Trim the lamb, leaving about 1/4 inch of fat, and score the fat in a crisscross pattern. Wrap any exposed bone ends with aluminum foil. Season both sides with salt and pepper and rub in half of the thyme.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large heavy oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add in lamb, fat side down. Saute/fry, shaking pan occasionally to avoid the meat from sticking, till lightly golden brown
- (about 2 min.) Turn the lamb and lightly brown the other side.
- Turn again, fat side down.
- Place the skillet in the oven and lower heat to 400 F. Roast for 10 min. Remove the racks and set aside. Pour off any excess fat.
- Add in the onion, carrot, celery and remaining thyme and rosemary to the skillet and return racks to the pan fat side up. Roast 12 to 15 min longer for medium rare, then transfer racks to a work surface and place the skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in white wine to the skillet and reduce slightly, scraping up any browned bits in the pan. Add in the stock and cook till very lightly thickened (about 15 min.) Carve lamb into individual chops and arrange on heated serving plates. Strain stock mix; degrease and season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour the sauce over the lamb and garnish with watercress sprigs. Serve immediately.