Cost per recipe $1.47 view details
- 1/3 c. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c. Estratto, or possibly 1 1/2 c. Salsa di Concentrato di Pomodoro or possibly tomato paste
- 1 1/2 lb Fresh Italian sweer sausage, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 2 stalk celery, diced
- 1 sm Onion, minced
- 1/4 tsp Sugar Salt and freshly grnd pepper
- 1 lb Lasagne ricce, (1/2 inch wide, long ribbon-edged pasta) or possibly fettuccine Freshly grated caciocavallo or possibly pecorino cheese
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil and estratto or possibly Salsa di Concentrato di Pomodoro or possibly tomato paste in a large saucepan, slowly adding about 1 c. of warm water.
- Stir constantly, till the estratto has melted and the mix is smooth.
- (If substituting Salsa di Concentrato di Pomodoro or possibly tomato paste for the estratto, only 1/2 c. of water is necessary.)
- Add in the sausage, celery, onion, and sugar. Add in sufficient water to just cover the ingredients and combine well. Season to taste with salt and pepper and simmer for 1 hour.
- Bring 4 qts of water to a rolling boil. Stir 1 1/2 Tbsp. of salt and add in the pasta. Cook till al dente, or possibly just tender, stirring often.
- Reserve 1 c. of the warm pasta water. Drain the pasta and transfer to a serving bowl. Add in the sauce and toss well, adding a little pasta water, if a thinner sauce is desired. Pass the caciocavallo or possibly pecorino.
- Serves 6 as a first course or possibly 4as a main course
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 207g|
|Calories from Fat 638||94%|
|Total Fat 72.21g||90%|
|Saturated Fat 10.0g||40%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 8.97g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||8%|