Cost per serving $1.60 view details
- 2/3 lb Warm Italian sausages, casings removed, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Crushed Italian warm red pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Anise seeds
- 1 c. Fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 med Red-ripe tomatoes, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 pkt (12-ounce) wide green lasagna noodles
- 1/3 c. Unsalted butter
- 1/3 c. All-purpose flour
- 2Â 1/4 c. Light cream
- Â Â Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Liquid warm-pepper sauce or possibly cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp Fresh grnd white pepper, to taste
- Â Â Freshly grated nutmeg to taste
- 1 Tbsp. Unsalted butter
- 8 ounce Mozzarella cheese, sliced thin
- 1/2 c. Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Place sausage slices in a heavy skillet & sprinkle with 1-1/2 Tbs crushed red pepper. Cook till sausages are lightly browned; drain off fat & sprinkle with anise seeds, then take out of skillet and set aside. Wipe out skillet. Heat 2 Tbs butter in skillet; add in mushrooms & cook till lightly browned and a liquid has evaporated. Add in tomatoes, cook just till tomatoes soften & begin to release juice. Set tomato mix aside. Following package directions, cook lasagne in boiling water just till tender to bite. Meanwhile, prepare cream sauce: heat 1/3 c. butter in skillet till light golden brown, then stir in flour till well blended. Using a whisk, stir in cream; whisk till sauce is slightly thickened. Season with salt, warm-pepper sauce or possibly cayenne, white pepper and nutmeg. Remove from heat.
- Drain cooked lasagne well. Preheat oven to 375; generously butter a large, shallow casserole, at least 9x13-inches. Layer ingredients in casserole as follows: liquid removed noodles, sausage slices, mushroom-tomato mix, more noodles, mozzarella cheese and cream sauce. Repeat layers till all ingredients are used, finishing with cream sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and dust with remaining 1/2 Tbsp. crushed red pepper. Bake, uncovered, 30 min or possibly till bubbly.
- Makes 6 generous servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 223g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 494||77%|
|Total Fat 55.57g||69%|
|Saturated Fat 29.77g||119%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 11.86g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|