Cost per recipe $37.80 view details
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Large Carrots diced
- 2 Celery Stalks diced
- 2 Yellow Onions chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves chopped
- 1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- 2 Sweet Italian Sausages remove casings
- 2 Spicy Italian Sausages remove casings
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 4 â 14.5 oz cans of Stewed Tomatoes (with or without Italian seasoning)
- Lasagna Cheese Mixture:
- 24 oz. Parmesan Cheese grated (split in half)
- 12 oz. Mozzarella Cheese grated
- 12 oz. Cottage Cheese
- 1 large Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1 bunch basil
- 1 lb. Lasagna Noodles (fresh is best!)
- 1 Tbsp. Salt
- For the Ragu:
- Heat the olive oil in a deep pot over medium-high heat to warm the oil. Add the carrots & celery and sautÃ© for approx. 5 minutes. Add onions, garlic & red pepper flakes & sautÃ© another 5 minutes. Remove casings from the sausage, add sausage & ground beef to sautÃ© mixture. Cook until lightly browned. Drain the fat/oil from the mixture. Replace over heat & add the tomatoes. Heat on high until mixture boils. Then, reduce heat to low to simmer the mixture; cook uncovered, stirring occasionally for approx. 2 hours. Mixture should be reduced to a thick mixture (not watery). Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- For the Cheese Mixture:
- Boil water in a large pot with salt. Add spinach and basil. Cook 1 to 2 min. Remove and put into an ice bath to stop cooking, remove from water and drain well ( squezze out as much water as possible ) chop and Mix with 12 oz. of parmesan, 12 oz. Mozzarella & 12 oz. Cottage Cheese & add egg. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- For the Noodles:
- Boil water in a large pot with salt. Add noodles. Cook until al dente. Remove from water. To keep the noodles from sticking together, brush lightly with olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a 13x9 rectangular pan with cooking spray. Spread Â½ Cup of Ragu mixture in the pan for the first layer. Arrange a single layer of noodles on top. Spread Â½ Cup of the Cheese Mixture on top of the noodles. Repeat layering with the Ragu, noodles & cheese. Arrange a final layer of noodles on top, spread a thin layer of red sauce on top. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake until bubbly & top is golden brown. Approximately 40 minutes. Let stand for up to 10 minutes before serving.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 3607g|
|Calories from Fat 3567||56%|
|Total Fat 401.72g||502%|
|Saturated Fat 200.39g||802%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 196.83g||52%|
|Dietary Fiber 31.4g||105%|