Cost per recipe $1.34 view details
- 2 cups AP flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup very cold unsalted butter, cut in small chunks
- 4-5 tbs. ice water
- Add the flour and salt together.
- Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter or a fork. If you use your fingers, remember that they are warm and will melt the butter, if you work the dough too long.
- Once the dough resembles pea size crumbles, add 3 tbs. water and begin to pull the dough together in a ball. The less water used, the better, but it may take 5 tbs.
- Form the dough into 2 balls, one larger than the other, cover, and refrigerate on the top shelf for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll out the larger ball to 11" round. Place this in the pie plate, add your filling.
- Roll out the second ball, and use it as desired to top your pie.
- Bake the pie according to your recipe directions.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 219g|
|Calories from Fat 1079||99%|
|Total Fat 122.74g||153%|
|Saturated Fat 77.74g||311%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.09g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|