Cost per recipe $74.50 view details
- 1 lb Fresh okra, stems trimmed at top
- 2 Tbsp. Red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1Â 1/2 lb Lamb stew meat, cut into 3/4-inch pcs
- Â Â Grnd allspice
- 1 lrg Onion, diced
- 1 lrg Green bell pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp. Tomato paste
- Combine okra and vinegar in medium bowl; toss to coat. Let stand 30 min.
- Meanwhile, heat extra virgin olive oil in heavy Dutch oven over high heat. Season lamb with allspice, salt and pepper. Working in batches, add in lamb to Dutch oven and brown, about 5 min per batch. Transfer lamb to bowl. Add in onion and green pepper to same pot, reduce heat to medium and saute/fry till vegetables are tender, about 8 min. Fold in tomato paste. Return lamb and any collected juices to pot. Add in sufficient water barely to cover lamb mix and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer stew 30 min.
- Add in okra mix; cover and simmer till lamb and okra are tender, about 15 min longer. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serves 4.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1426g|
|Calories from Fat 689||46%|
|Total Fat 77.26g||97%|
|Saturated Fat 18.72g||75%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 49.45g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 17.7g||59%|