Cost per serving $0.88 view details
- 1 x Leg of lamb, boned, cubed*
- 5 x Baby lamb sweetbreads, opt.*
- 4 x Baby lamb kidneys, opt. *
- 1/4 c. Extra virgin olive oil
- Â Â Lemon's juice
- 1/4 c. Wine
- 1/4 tsp Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Rosemary
- 1 x Bay leaf, crushed
- 2 x Garlic cloves, crushed
- Â Â Freshly grnd black pepper
- 8 x Bay leaves, cut
- Â Â Hard tomatoes (opt), 1/4'd
- Â Â Green peppers (opt), cubed
- Â Â Salt
- Â Â Oregano and lemon quarters
- *Note: Lamb meat(s) should be cut into cubes the size of walnuts.
- Place the lamb, sweetbreads, and kidney cubes in a large non-aluminum bowl. Make a marinade of the oil, lemon juice, wine, herbs, garlic, and pepper and pour over the meat. Marinate in the refrigerator, preferably overnight, or possibly for at least 3 hrs. Thread the meat on long skewers alternating the bay leaves with the tomatoes and peppers, if you like. Grill over warm coals or possibly broil 6 inches from the heat, brushing with the remaining marinade and turning frequently.
- Season with salt and pepper, then remove the meat from the skewers to a hot platter and crush oregano over the top. Garnish with lemon quarters and serve warm.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 48g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 61||81%|
|Total Fat 6.87g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 0.96g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.44g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|