Cost per serving $1.74 view details
- 3 Tbsp. sunflower oil
- 3 x onions minced very finely
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp green chillies chopped
- 300 gm lamb mince
- 150 gm split red lentils washed and liquid removed
- 1 tsp turmeric pwdr
- 1 tsp garam masala pwdr
- 1/2 tsp allspice pwdr
- Â Â sunflower oil for frying
- 4 x Large eggs beaten
- Â Â salt
- Heat the oil and add in the onions.
- Fry till translucent/soft then add in the ginger garlic and chillies and fry for a minute.
- Add in the mince and lentils and fry well then stir in the pwdr spices and salt and cook till the mince is done and the lentils are soft.
- Dry the mix over a high heat.
- This is important as any moisture will cause the kababs to crack while frying.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cold slightly.
- Fold in 1 beaten egg then take a small ball of the meat mix and shape it into a flat 1cm thick disc.
- Wet your palms if the mix sticks.
- Heat a little oil in a heavy pan.
- Dip the kebab in the beaten egg and shallow fry till golden brown.
- Cook all the kababs in the same way.
- The kababs are good for a summer barbecue or possibly as an accompaniment to an aperitif.
- Serves 4
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 230g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 241||62%|
|Total Fat 26.99g||34%|
|Saturated Fat 7.83g||31%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 16.26g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.0g||10%|