The first taste of this delightful italian polpette from the italian cuisine is enough to addict you to it for life! The most important ingredient in italian polpette is beef. Italian polpette makes a yummy main dish. You will fall head over heels in love with this easy and delectable italian polpette recipe as soon as you try it!
- 1 pound minced beef.
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, grated on a micro plane
- 1/2 onion, grated on a micro plane
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, minced
- 1 egg
- kosher salt and black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 ts zaÃ¡tar (thyme)
- pinch of nutmeg
- The dip :
- yogurt and mint dip---->
- 1Â½ cups plain yogurt (you can use low-fat)
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
- Â½ teaspoon salt
- Â½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Mix all the ingredients and form it into balls the size of large walnut.
- refrigerate for 1 hour before cooking.
- Brown the polpetta in a pan with 3 TS olive oil..and after it is nice and golden put it into the preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
- Use the same pan where you cooked the polpetta for cooking some grapes , yes grapes :))) for about 2 minutes.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 244g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 199||56%|
|Total Fat 22.18g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 9.68g||39%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 12.74g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|