Cost per serving $0.48 view details
- 1/4 lb unsalted butter - (1 stick)
- 1 med onion diced
- 2 x garlic cloves chopped
- 1/4 c. red apples diced
- 1/8 c. celery diced
- 1/2 lb button mushrooms sliced thin
- 1/4 lb raw bacon diced
- 1 lb day-old seven-grain bread diced
- 3 c. chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. chopped oregano Sea salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- Place all but 1 tsp. butter into a skillet. Add in the onions, garlic, apples, and celery. Cook over medium heat, stirring while the onions turn translucent/soft, about 5 min. Add in the mushrooms and bacon and simmer till the mushrooms have released some of their liquid and the bacon is cooked (3 to 4 min).
- With the remaining Tbsp. of butter, coat a medium-sized baking pan, and place the stuffing in it. Cover with aluminum foil and bake till the stuffing is soft (about 35 min).
- Remove the foil and continue baking till the stuffing is crisp and golden brown on top (another 10 min). Remove from oven and serve.
- This recipe yields 8 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 135g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 160||88%|
|Total Fat 17.99g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 9.44g||38%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.36g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|