Cost per recipe $2.88 view details
- 6 sm leeks - (or possibly 3 large)
- 4 lrg onions peeled, minced
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil divided use
- 1 x celery rib minced
- 4 med potatoes - (1 1/2 lbs) peeled, sliced
- 1 x bouquet garni - (parsley, thyme, and bay leaf tied together)
- 1 tsp beef base
- 8 c. water
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- Â Â Thyme, parsley, or possibly chervil for garnish
- Trim 2 inches of green parts of leeks, and throw away. Slice into 3/8-inch rounds, separate green and white parts. Wash thoroughly in a strainer.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, brown onions and green parts of leeks in 2 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil. Add in celery, potatoes, and bouquet garni. Stir well and reduce heat to low.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil in a small skillet and cook white parts of leeks till just browned. Add in water to cover vegetables (about 8 c.) and simmer for 30 min.
- Remove bouquet garni. Mash potatoes slightly on the bottom of the pan, stir well. Season to taste with salt and pepper and garnish with thyme, parsley, or possibly chervil.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 3166g|
|Calories from Fat 368||34%|
|Total Fat 41.72g||52%|
|Saturated Fat 6.02g||24%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 165.37g||44%|
|Dietary Fiber 24.1g||80%|