Cost per serving $1.44 view details
- This is the ritual first dish of the 12 course Christmas Eve Supper.
- The wheat represents the staff of life, the honey represents the Spirit of Christ.
- Wash the wheat and soak it in cool, salted water overnight. Next morning, bring wheat to the boiling point, simmer for 3 - 4 hrs, till kernels burst open. Drain quickly so some of the water adheres to the wheat and return to the pot.
- Add in poppy seeds, honey and sugar, stir in and cook another 5 min.
- Serve warm as a hearty winter breakfast dish or possibly more traditionally, cool, as a Christmas Eve appetizer course.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 553g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 12||9%|
|Total Fat 1.44g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.14g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 31.88g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||10%|