This is a great snack/breakfast and a good use of left over Chapatis/Rotis. This is also known as Kuskara and Fodnichi poli.
This is a typical Maharashtrian Dish (From Western Indian state of Maharashtra)
Inspiration for this recipe came from my mom. Anytime we have enough left over Chapatis, we used to get Kuskara for snacks.
Now sometimes I deliberately make some extra Chapatis so that I can make Kuskara the next day for breakfast.
- 3 Indian Chapatis/Rotis (left overs are ideal :))
- 2 Green Chilies
- 2 Curry Leaves
- 2 Tsp. Oil
- 1 Finely-cut Medium Sized Onion
- 1/4 Tsp. Mustard Seeds
- 1/8 Tsp. of Sugar
- 1/8 Tsp. of Turmeric
- 1/4 Cup of Coriander
- 1/2 Tsp. Peanuts baked (optional)
- 1/2 Tsp. Peas (optional)
- In a Grinder, grate the Chapatis/Rotis slightly so that they will become a mixture of small flakes
- Add oil on to a pan
- When the oil is heated put Mustard Seeds in to it and allow them to splatter.
- Add Green chilies and Curry leaves and SautÃ© for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add cut Onions and cover it. Let them cook on medium to low heat.
- When the Onions are light golden brown, add turmeric to it.
- Add Grated Chapatis/Rotis and stir it well.
- Now add salt, sugar, baked peanuts, peas and cover it for 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish it with Coriander and serve.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 98g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 60||54%|
|Total Fat 6.93g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 0.54g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.12g|
|Total Carbs 13.89g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.7g||19%|