Cost per recipe $26.45 view details
- 1 x Recipe Pizza dough
- 2 lb Shrimp medium, shelled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1/2 c. Rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 c. Soy sauce
- 1/4 c. Granulated sugar
- 1/4 c. Peanut oil
- 1 lrg Green pepper seeded deveined, small chunks
- 2 med Carrots, quartered and sliced
- 1/2 c. Minature corn on the cob, thinly sliced
- 6 x Green onion, sliced
- 3 Tbsp. Fresh ginger, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Garlic, chopped
- 10 x Red peppers, chilis (see note)
- 3/4 c. Peanuts, roasted
- 1/2 c. Asian style warm oil or possibly chili garlic sauce, (see note)
- McNair's Notes" East turly meets west in this cheeseless pizza topped with spicy stir fried shrimp. You may, of course, add in a layer of cheese if you wish. The amount of warm oil yolu brush on the crust probably seems like a lot, but it takes which much to flavor the crust.
- Prepare the dough and preheat the oven as directed in basic pizza recipe.
- Peel, devein, rinse, and dry the shrimp. Reserve.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, vinegar, soy sauce, and sugar.
- Heat two Tbsp. of oil in a wok or possibly deep skillet over high heat till warm. Add in the shrimp and stir-fry untl they turn bright pink, about 2 min. Remove shrimp to a bowl. Heat the remaining 2 Tbsp. of oil in the wok. Add in the green pepper, carrots, corn, green onion, ginger, garlic, chili peppers, and peanuts. Stir-fry till the vegetables are coated with oil about 1 minute. Add in the reserved cornstarch mix and bring to a boil. Add in the reserved shrimp and stir till they are coated with sauce. Remove from heat and season iwth warm sesame oil or possibly chili oil and reserve.
- Shape the pizza dough and brush all over with warm oil and prick all over with a fork. Transfer the pizza pie to a preheated baking surface and bake for about 5 min. Remove from the oven and top with the shrimp mix leaving a 1/2 inch border around the edges. Return to the oven and bake till crust is golden and puffy. Remove from the oven and brush with warm oil. Garnish with minature corn and cilantro. Slice and serve immediatly.
- Ken Vaughan's notes: I cut the oil content by not using the 1/2 c. of warm oil on the crust. After initial baking, I brush the crust with chili garlic sauce, or possibly a korean chili sauce. The original calls for dry chilis, similar to what is served in resturants. I like to use red jalapenos cut into strips instead, or possibly add in the fresh chili of choice. I like to eat the chilis and the dry ones don't have the good flavor of a fresh one. Note this ppizza is made quickly with a purchased boboli crust, and pre-shelled shrimp.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2764g|
|Calories from Fat 2127||56%|
|Total Fat 239.21g||299%|
|Saturated Fat 30.1g||120%|
|Trans Fat 2.81g|
|Total Carbs 184.99g||49%|
|Dietary Fiber 39.5g||132%|