Cost per serving $1.16 view details
- 1 lb fat-trimmed beef flank steak
- Â Â Korean Marinade (see recipe)
- 3/4 lb green beans rinsed
- 1 x carrot - (1/4 lb) peeled
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Asian (toasted) sesame oil
- 2 tsp sugar
- Â Â Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp. salad oil
- 1/2 c. fat-skimmed beef broth
- 6 c. Warm Cooked Rice (see recipe)
- 1/4 c. thinly-sliced green onions
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame seed
- Rinse beef, pat dry, and cut across the grain into 1/8-inch-thick slices about 3 inches long. In a small bowl, mix beef with 1/4 c. Korean Marinade.
- Remove and throw away bean stem ends and strings. Cut beans diagonally in 3-inch lengths. Cut carrot into matchstick-size pcs about 3 inches long.
- In a 14-inch wok or possibly 12-inch frying pan over high heat, mix 1/2 c. water, beans, and carrot. Cover and stir occasionally just till tender to bite, about 3 min. Drain; immerse in cool water. Drain when cold. In a bowl, mix with vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, and salt to taste.
- Place wok over high heat; when warm, add in salad oil. Add in beef with liquid in bowl; stir till meat is no longer pink, about 2 min. Add in remaining marinade and broth to pan; stir till boiling.
- Scoop rice into bowls; add in beef and sauce, then vegetables and seasonings. Sprinkle with onions and sesame seed.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Comments: If you cannot find toasted sesame seed, stir regular sesame seed in a frying pan over low heat till golden brown, 1 minute.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 361g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 79||16%|
|Total Fat 9.11g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 1.46g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 91.72g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.8g||33%|