Cost per serving $3.35 view details
- 3 lb Zucchini, Seeded, If Large
- Â Â Coarse Salt
- 1/2 lb Feta Cheese, Crumbled
- 2 x Large eggs, Lightly Beaten
- 1/4 c. Lowfat milk
- 1/3 c. Semolina Flour, (Fine)
- 1/2 c. Extra-Virgin Extra virgin olive oil
- Â Â Freshly Grnd Black Pepper
- 1 lb Phyllo Pastry, Room Temperature
- 1. Peel, then julienne, zucchini (easiest with a mandoline). Place in a colander set over a bowl, sprinkle with 2 teaspoon salt, mix gently but well, and set aside for 30 min.
- 2. Squeeze zucchini dry in a clean dish towl and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add in feta, Large eggs, lowfat milk, semolina, and 2 Tbsp. oil to zucchini. Season with pepper and salt, but taste first because there is some salt already on zucchini from step 1. Mix thoroughly, and set aside.
- 3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush 1 large sheet of phyllo with oil.
- Plac ein an oiled 12" diam baking pan (dough will hang over the side).
- Repeat with remaining large sheet. Spoon zucchini mix into pie. Trim 1 small sheet to fit pan, brush with oil, and lay over filling. Oil remaining sheet and lay over first. Mix in overhanging phyllo and pleat to create a neat and tidy crust.
- 4. Brush top of pie with oil and bake till golden brown, about 45 min. Cold for 10 min, invert onto large platter, then turn onto a cutting board.
- Cut into wedges and serve hot or possibly at room temperature.
- Notes: Greek; If I make this, it will be with a butter-only or possibly vegetable oil- butter combination, not just oil as the recipe calls for.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 460g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 374||70%|
|Total Fat 42.39g||53%|
|Saturated Fat 13.22g||53%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 24.23g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.1g||14%|