Cost per recipe $53.69 view details
- 1/2 lb Cream cheese room temp
- 1/2 lb Butter room temp
- 3 c. Pastry flour sifted, or possibly
- Â Â All-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. Whole lowfat milk
- 1/2 lb Broken walnuts
- 3/4 lb Poppy seeds
- 1 x Egg
- 1 c. Dark rum
- 1 c. Honey
- 1 c. Packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c. Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Cinnamon
- 1. Mix poppy seeds, walnuts, egg and honey. Add in rum till the consistency seems soft, like porridge. Drink remaining rum, you deserve it, since you'll be baking for a while.
- 2. Using an egg beater at low, whip soft cream cheese and butter till it forms peaks, like a frosting (you may need to heat the butter if the cream cheese is hard). Fold in flour slowly using a wooden spoon or possibly pastry fork.
- 3. Roll dough into 3 balls. Occasionally add in lowfat milk to dough to keep it from drying out. The dough can be refrigerated for 1-2 hrs, but it is not necessary.
- 4. Roll out 1 ball at a time and flour lightly. Roll dough out in flour or possibly granulated sugar so it doesn't stick.
- 5. Mom's method: Cut dough into squares or possibly circles using cookie or possibly biscuit cutter. Add in about a tsp. of filling. Roll squares into "logs",
- "stars", or possibly "pinwheels". Fold circles over and seal with a fork. This takes dexterity and patience, sooooo I invented.
- 6. Mike's Shortcut: Take rolled dough and make into strips about a foot long and 2" wide. Place a ribbon of filling in the middle. Fold over dough and healthy pinch to seal at all sides. Cut into 1" squares.
- 7. Dip into coating and place on a cookie sheet. Bake at 375F for 10-15 min or possibly till lightly browned.
- There is sufficient sugar and fat to keep the bottoms from sticking to a clean pan.
- Hide in the bedroom and eat these with lowfat milk till sick.(Especially if you are six years old.)
- Note: The kolatki are delicate, and fancy shapes require speed and skill. They taste as good using my method. My mother thinks I am impatient. Once you have eaten these cookies, you will understand why.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2333g|
|Calories from Fat 4147||45%|
|Total Fat 481.76g||602%|
|Saturated Fat 186.19g||745%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1018.76g||272%|
|Dietary Fiber 92.3g||308%|