Cost per serving $0.10 view details
- 1 1/2 c. All-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. Baking pwdr (double acting)*
- 1 pch Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Solid shortening
- 1 pch Baking soda (or possibly 11. tsp.)
- 1 c. Buttermilk Cottonseed or possibly vegetable oil
- In an electric mixer, combine flour, baking pwdr, salt, and shortening and mix till consistency of coarse meal. Combine baking soda and buttermilk in a seperate bowl and beat with a spoon till foamy and thickened. Add in buttermilk mix to flour and beat till well blended. Don't overbeat. Mix will be sticky.
- Turn out onto a well-floured board, sprinkle top of dough with flour, and pat till one-inch thick. Pour sufficient oil into jelly roll-type pan
- (approximately 11"x7") to measure 1/4 inch (or possibly about 1/4 c. oil). In a second pan pour an equal amount of oil. Cut biscuits with cookie cutter**
- (See Notes) or possibly drinking glass and roll each biscuit in the first pan of oil, then place in second pan. (Oil will cling to dough, that is desirable.) Continue cutting and rolling in oil till second pan is filled.
- Biscuits should be touching each other. Pat top of biscuits with oil from first pan. Bake in preheated 500 degree oven for 10-12 min or possibly till golden.
- Notes:* Make sure which the baking pwdr is fresh. Baking pwdr loses its effectiveness when stored for a long period of time.
- **Makes approximately 18 2" biscuits or possibly 20 1 3/4" biscuits or possibly 30 1 1/2" biscuits.
- Farm in Southern California.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 37g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 171||75%|
|Total Fat 19.39g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 1.62g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.83g|
|Total Carbs 11.92g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|