This is a fun cake! It might look gross, but it does taste good! Kids and adults alike enjoy this cake. I have made this Kitty Litter Cake for years. This is a fun recipe to make as well, let your kids help you crumble up the cake and put it into the clean kitty litter pan. If you are going to make this Kitty Litter Cake ahead of time, please keep it in the refrigerator.
- 1 (18 oz.) box spice or german chocolate cake mix
- 1 (18 oz.) box white cake mix
- 1 pkg. white sandwich cookies or vanilla wafers
- 1 large box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 12 small tootsie rolls
- 1 litter box (preferably a NEW one!)
- 1 plastic scoop
- green food coloring
- Prepare cake mixes and bake according to directions (any size pans). Prepare pudding mix and chill until ready to assemble. Crumble white sandwich cookies in small batches in blender, they tend to stick, so scrape often. Set aside all but about 1/4 cup. To the 1/4 cup cookie crumbs, add a few drops green food coloring and mix using a fork or shake in a jar.
- When cakes are cooled to room temperature, crumble into a large bowl. Toss with half the remaining white cookie crumbs and the chilled pudding. You probably wonât need all of the pudding, mix with the cake and âfeelâ it, you donât want it soggy, just moist; gently combine. Put mixture into clean litter box.
- Put three unwrapped Tootsie rolls in a microwave safe dish and heat until soft and pliable. Shape ends so they are no longer blunt, curving slightly. Repeat with 3 more Tootsie rolls and bury in mixture. Sprinkle the other half of cookie crumbs over top. Scatter the green cookie crumbs lightly over the top, this is supposed to look like the chlorophyll in kitty litter. Heat remaining Tootsie Rolls, three at a time in the microwave until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake and sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Place the box on a newspaper and sprinkle a few of the cookie crumbs around. Serve with a new pooper scooper.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 46g|
|Recipe makes 24 servings|
|Calories from Fat 47||28%|
|Total Fat 5.42g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 0.87g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 31.81g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.2g||27%|